Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week1 post3 reaction to Socratic Universe

"Which Ethical System Do You Admire Most?"

While many of the philosophers answered Aristotle, Spinoza, Utilitarianism, or etc., there was one particular philosopher that answered, "Christianity," and I have to say that being a Christian myself, I completely agree with him. You can call me biased or whatever you want but I believe the most practical and righteous ethical system comes from the Bible.

The Bible is one of the oldest artifacts in existence and is still widely used today. In the early days, the old testament provided specific commandments as to what one should or should not do, but since the birth of Christ, everything changed; things were made more simple and the strict outdated laws were overruled by Him and instead people were taught to have compassion and love for God and others. The one law that dominates all.

No comments: